001 - Nice Guy
I was once a very nice guy
And I was exceedingly shy.
I always said I have to go and do a No.2
When I had to go to the loo.
I could never say I have to take a - - - -
I fact I wouldn't say - - - -
Even if I had a mouth full of it.
And I would never say - - - -
Even though my stomach was bloatin'
And my teeth were floatin'
I could never say I have to - - - -.
I could also never curse.
That just made things worse
I would say merely 'Please leave'
When I really meant
Get the - - - - out of here.
I could never ask people
To do the anatomically impossible
By saying ‘Go - - - - yourself'
Much too uncouth.
I would use words like
Dern, dang, hey and heck
When I really wanted to say - - - - - - - - -!
Or ‘Get your lazy - - - out of bed'
Or ‘How the - - - - should I know? '
I couldn't talk like a trucker
And call a guy A no good - - - - - - - - - - - -.
I would never call a
Puerto Rican a - - - -
Or an Irishman a - - - -
And my problems would get bigger
If I called a man a - - - - - -
Or use language more rich
By calling a man a son of a - - - - -
I'm tired of writing this - - - - - - - rhyme
It has no class.
And if you don't like it
You can stick it up your - - -
Which really means
Place it where the sun don't shine.
If you can fill in any of these blanks
Then you're just about as depraved as I am
Thinkin' it is as bad as sayin' it
So say some righteous - - - - - - - -.
George Hunter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (001 - Nice Guy by George Hunter )
- Sun Sets, Lore Me34
- Dreams, Kshitiz Gupta
- If Only, Kshitiz Gupta
- Science and Religion, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- ............. Traveling To Meet Minor In.., Is It Poetry
- So Much More, Sandra Feldman
- 157. An Ex's Word Is Easily Broken, John Westlake
- Kiss Me, Adriana Avilaa
- She Knew it was Irrational, Jacqueline Nash
- pass the offering plate, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- Autumn, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)