001 - Nice Guy
I was once a very nice guy
And I was exceedingly shy.
I always said I have to go and do a No.2
When I had to go to the loo.
I could never say I have to take a - - - -
I fact I wouldn't say - - - -
Even if I had a mouth full of it.
And I would never say - - - -
Even though my stomach was bloatin'
And my teeth were floatin'
I could never say I have to - - - -.
I could also never curse.
That just made things worse
I would say merely 'Please leave'
When I really meant
Get the - - - - out of here.
I could never ask people
To do the anatomically impossible
By saying ‘Go - - - - yourself'
Much too uncouth.
I would use words like
Dern, dang, hey and heck
When I really wanted to say - - - - - - - - -!
Or ‘Get your lazy - - - out of bed'
Or ‘How the - - - - should I know? '
I couldn't talk like a trucker
And call a guy A no good - - - - - - - - - - - -.
I would never call a
Puerto Rican a - - - -
Or an Irishman a - - - -
And my problems would get bigger
If I called a man a - - - - - -
Or use language more rich
By calling a man a son of a - - - - -
I'm tired of writing this - - - - - - - rhyme
It has no class.
And if you don't like it
You can stick it up your - - -
Which really means
Place it where the sun don't shine.
If you can fill in any of these blanks
Then you're just about as depraved as I am
Thinkin' it is as bad as sayin' it
So say some righteous - - - - - - - -.
George Hunter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (001 - Nice Guy by George Hunter )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- A Statue for the Rev.Ian Paisley, Barney Rooney
- For Francis Jude Omoto (1982-2006), Dankaro Osazee
- Haiku Snowflakes, Kwai Chee Low
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Haiku Christmas is Here, Kwai Chee Low
- Snowman, Kwai Chee Low
- Heralding Christmas, Kwai Chee Low
- Under the Mistletoe, Kwai Chee Low
- Silent Nature, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sorry, Sorry, Sorry To Say That, Pijush Biswas