001 - BoB The Impaler
This gob was known as BoB the Impaler
The son of a New England whaler.
He’d impaled many whales
By their heads or their tails
Had a good aim for an old drunken sailor.
One day when he was ashore
And life was beginning to bore
He got in his car
And went to a bar
Hoping to make a score.
He approached a table
At which sat a shill named Mabel.
He had a line
Which he thought was fine
Said, “You look just like Betty Grable.”
She said, “Don’t give me that stuff
I know you well enough
You’re that old sailor
Some kind of sperm whaler
And you think you’re plenty tough..”
She said, “Hand me my asthma inhaler
I’m allergic to a whaler sailor
‘Cause I will not date
And certainly not mate
With a sailor called BoB the Impaler!
“It just scares the shit outta me,
Makes me want to go climb up a tree.
You’re as crazy as a loon
And I would just as soon
Not be impaled on your harpoon.”
Old BoB, he quickly sought cover
Glad to be rid of that mother.
I’ll have to get real
If I want to appeal.
I’ll change my name to BoB the Lover!
And now he can have his picks
Of all those lovely chicks
And his claim to fame
Is all in his name
And he doesn’t want for kicks!
George Hunter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (001 - BoB The Impaler by George Hunter )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- [®XLIX~]Watch Super Bowl 2015 (49) Live.., Renz Barns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- from..., Morgan Michaels
- Ebony Sadness Of Grief, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Comes only once, hasmukh amathalal
- Giving Entire Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry Of This Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry Is Scrapbooking, Dexsta Ray
- Avoid The Android, Erhard Hans Josef Lang
- So To Differentiate (False Humility), Dexsta Ray
- Sincere Effort, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- LA PREMIÈRE FOIS, Rosie Bourget