001 - Girl Watching
I was sitting in the park just biding my time
Trying to think of a topic for my next rhyme.
When this maiden strolled by,
Man she really looked neat
Built like a brick house from her head to her feet.
Then she started to sashay across the street.
I thought, Jezzus dude, seven come eleven
She has an ass on her that was made in heaven.
And the rest of her wasn’t all that bad either,
It was enough to give this connoisseur a fever
So excuse me boys while I take a breather.
All at once the birds started singing
And I couldn’t keep my ears from ringing.
As she put one foot in front of the other
All I could think of was bless her Mother
For giving life to that bit of confection
That was undergoing my close inspection.
As she walked it jiggled first left and then right
I’ve never before seen such a sensuous sight.
She disappeared in the crowd, the spell was broken
And I just sat there with my mouth hanging open.
I’ll have to say it totally made my day
That vision of loveliness that had come my way.
I just leaned back and took a rest
Waiting for another beauty to pass my test.
They usually call this activity girl watching
But oft times it’s more like whale watching.
But every so often a chick strolls by
That really happens to catch my eye.
It relieves the stress of the daily grind
And restores my faith in womankind.
George Hunter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (001 - Girl Watching by George Hunter )
- Birthday, bryan wallace
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)