Alan Bruce Thompson
Alan Bruce Thompson Poems
- Venus Personified She stood there pouting, adopting a film ...
- Spoilt Child I can get what I want if I stamp my feet, If I...
- Angel City It's a bit rusty at the edge, falling apart at the...
- Free Market Economy The world began with me, there was ...
- Eye Contact If you look another person in the eyes and they ...
- Speaking Some Truth Diplomacy I know is something I should ...
- Missing Your Voice I hear your voice sometimes now, It's in...
This anthology of simple poems about daily life, I have called
' OUT OF MY MIND'
Alan Bruce Thompson lives in Zurich, Switzerland with Elisabeth Thompson Huerner. Alan trained as a geologist and has spent more than 40 years as a professor and researcher. He is a passionate traveler with interests in world culture, world art, and the development of society. He is now able to devote more time to his other interests including painting and drawing, and writing fiction.
Comments about his poetry on this website can be made to email@example.com,
some of his paintings can be seen at
https: //www.flickr.com/photos/125648283@N08/ more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Alan Bruce Thompson
She stood there pouting, adopting a film star pose,
As her curvaceous virile body, pushed shape into her clothes.
She perched on her stiletto heels, threw back her blond hair,
She stood high above the crowd, aristocratic, without care.
She rehearsed for hours to become Venus personified,
She got some men excited, the others she mortified.
She swayed along, her hips swinging, so vain.
And all of this performance to collect tickets on a train?