Alan Bruce Thompson
If you look another person in the eyes and they look away,
Then your soul is free to look another day.
Don’t look a dog in his eyes, because you’ll never be free,
You’re chained to his soul forever, a bonded mystery.
When you look your love in the eyes,
That’s more than enough to hypnotize.
If you look yourself in the eyes,
The truth gets trapped in the mirror, but what about the lies?
Alan Bruce Thompson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eye Contact by Alan Bruce Thompson )
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Blackberry Eating, Galway Kinnell
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(1 February 1927)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)