Alan Bruce Thompson
If you look another person in the eyes and they look away,
Then your soul is free to look another day.
Don’t look a dog in his eyes, because you’ll never be free,
You’re chained to his soul forever, a bonded mystery.
When you look your love in the eyes,
That’s more than enough to hypnotize.
If you look yourself in the eyes,
The truth gets trapped in the mirror, but what about the lies?
Alan Bruce Thompson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eye Contact by Alan Bruce Thompson )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 March 1941 -)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- PARUI POLICE BRUTALITY, Bireswar Halder
- Sacred Kailas, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- VIRTUAL POET FRIENDS, Philo Yan
- The Imponderable, Sandra Feldman
- Arousal Of Energy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Being Welcomed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Appreciating Cultures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What A Blessing, Shalom Freedman
- Within India's Veins, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- mountains- My fantasy world, tulip mayer