Alan Bruce Thompson
If you look another person in the eyes and they look away,
Then your soul is free to look another day.
Don’t look a dog in his eyes, because you’ll never be free,
You’re chained to his soul forever, a bonded mystery.
When you look your love in the eyes,
That’s more than enough to hypnotize.
If you look yourself in the eyes,
The truth gets trapped in the mirror, but what about the lies?
Alan Bruce Thompson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eye Contact by Alan Bruce Thompson )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Million Man March Poem, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- You're Magic, Michael McParland
- Why Not Stand Up?, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Why Not Stand Up, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unruly Wind, Ozgur Ircan
- JULEKALENDER # IIX, Gunnar Mo.
- Okane Ka? Ai ka? Kenryoku Ka?, Marites C. Cayetano
- I want to cry, gajanan mishra
- Safe and warm, hasmukh amathalal
- JULEKALENDER # VII, Gunnar Mo.
- Living With Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak