Adrian Henri (10 April 1932 - 20 December 2000 / Birkenhead, Cheshire)
Adrian Henri was a British poet and painter, best remembered as the founder of poetry-rock group The Liverpool Scene and as one of three poets in the best-selling anthology The Mersey Sound, along with Brian Patten and Roger McGough . The trio of Liverpool poets came to prominence in that city's Merseybeat zeitgeist of the 1960s and 1970s. He was described by Edward Lucie-Smith in British Poetry since 1945 as the "theoretician" of the three. His characterisation of popular culture in verse helped to widen the audience for poetry among 1960s British youth. He was influenced by the French ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Adrian Henri’s Talking After Christmas B...
- Adrian Henri's Last Will and Testament
- Any Prince To Any Princess
- Country Song
- Don't Worry/Everything's Going to be All...
- Galactic Lovepoem
- Great War Poems
- Holcombe Poem/Poem For a Girl I Didn't M...
- I Want To Paint
- In the Midnight Hour
- Liverpool Poems
- Love Is...
- Love Poem/Colour Supplement