Adrian Henri was a British poet and painter, best remembered as the founder of poetry-rock group The Liverpool Scene and as one of three poets in the best-selling anthology The Mersey Sound, along with Brian Patten and Roger McGough . The trio of Liverpool poets came to prominence in that city's Merseybeat zeitgeist of the 1960s and 1970s. He was described by Edward Lucie-Smith in British Poetry since 1945 as the "theoretician" of the three. His characterisation of popular culture in verse helped to widen the audience for poetry among 1960s British youth. He was influenced by the French ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Love Is...
- Without You
- In the Midnight Hour
- Any Prince To Any Princess
- Galactic Lovepoem
- Adrian Henri's Last Will and Testament
- Great War Poems
- Adrian Henri’s Talking After Christmas B...
- Mrs Albion You've Got A Lovely Daughter ...
- Tonight at Noon (for Charles Mingus and ...
- Liverpool Poems
- Don't Worry/Everything's Going to be All...
- Poem for Roger McGough
- Song for a Beautiful Girl Petrolpump At...
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)