Adrian Henri (10 April 1932 - 20 December 2000 / Birkenhead, Cheshire)
Love Poem/Colour Supplement
It was our first great war
And after the first successful sortie
Into the nomansgland between her thighs
We waited anxiously every month
for poppysellers to appear in her streets
Adrian Henri's Other Poems
- Adrian Henri’s Talking After Christmas B...
- Adrian Henri's Last Will and Testament
- Any Prince To Any Princess
- Country Song
- Don't Worry/Everything's Going to be All...
- Galactic Lovepoem
- Great War Poems
- Holcombe Poem/Poem For a Girl I Didn't M...
- I Want To Paint
- In the Midnight Hour
- Liverpool Poems
- Love Is...
- Love Poem/Colour Supplement
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.