Thomas Bates Poems
- Observations From A Distance I watched her warm sun ...
- Tolstoy's War And Peace Tolstoy's 'War and Peace' - events ...
- A Flagrant Hesitancy- a flagrant hesitancy - uncommonly ...
- Fear Hides Vacent Eyes by Thomasjbates Fear hides vacant ...
- Beauty beauty is like standing on crumbling land. it ...
- A Tape Of Assorted Songs A tape of assorted songs, very ...
- Wisdom Horses, once tender, restless in pastures Have flown ...
Poetry is a love of mine, second only to music. I don't believe in constricting poems by rhyme, but meter, rhythm and unconventional rhyming are important in how I compose my work. Saying that, I know I shouldn't call it 'work, ' being that it SEEMS to be laborious these days, and not when I wrote a lot of this stuff. At the time of the majority of these poems' first drafts, it was more of a ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Thomas Bates
Observations From A Distance
warm sun reflecting
against her soft American hair
on her head, brushed to the side, sweetly swept
enhancing a face of obscurity
and unseen hand of precious care
that held lightly to my heart.
my pupils cause some wonderment in others,
psychiatrists of the face,
the donut shop people and pharmacy 'look-arounds, '
just about anyone who looks
close enough to look into my eyes
and too many do,
and seeing how large they actually are.
they must wonder if I am on drugs, at any moment
I'm honestly there, ...