Thomas Bates Poems
- Tolstoy's War And Peace Tolstoy's 'War and Peace' - events ...
- A Flagrant Hesitancy- a flagrant hesitancy - uncommonly ...
- Fear Hides Vacent Eyes by Thomasjbates Fear hides vacant ...
- Beauty beauty is like standing on crumbling land. it ...
- A Tape Of Assorted Songs A tape of assorted songs, very ...
- Wisdom Horses, once tender, restless in pastures Have flown ...
- A Memory In Simple Verse Vers ... She tapped me on the ...
Poetry is a love of mine, second only to music. I don't believe in constricting poems by rhyme, but meter, rhythm and unconventional rhyming are important in how I compose my work. Saying that, I know I shouldn't call it 'work, ' being that it SEEMS to be laborious these days, and not when I wrote a lot of this stuff. At the time of the majority of these poems' first drafts, it was more of a ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Thomas Bates
Tolstoy's War And Peace
Tolstoy's 'War and Peace' - events and history
(also, Love) caught
in the making: these years
surrounding the year 1812: a time of
marriages, destruction and rebirth - memories
full of battle and reverence and
tomfoolery; foolish claims and
passion for winning over another nation.
Russia was infiltrated by Napoleon's
supposedly ingenious advances.
mean while, in my life with you outside those pages
I felt a change, too - a shifting in the air
before fully realizing
entered the room.