Stephen Katona Poems
- Hansel And Gretel The real Hansel and Gretel story, Is far ...
- Koko's Poem For Robin Williams How I wish you'd let me know, ...
- A Dolphin's Dreams My dreams although short, Some, I can ...
- Please See Your Bright Future I know you feel so much pain, ...
- Spider In My Pencil Case From a group of boys, Came excited...
- The Bravest Animal I Know. Like the easily startled deer, A...
- The Zonkey And The Grolar Bear 'Please don't eat me, ' Said ...
I am a General Practitioner in the UK with an interest in helping people become happier. I started putting old poems into cartoons to help people see life more positively, and ended up writing some of my own. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
Hansel And Gretel
The real Hansel and Gretel story,
Is far less gory.
True, their father cut wood,
But no more than he should,
For he loved all the trees,
And creatures including bees.
Their mother went away,
Simply for a holiday.
Now here comes the nasty part,
Two sisters each with an evil heart.
One was a dentist,
It's true I insist.
The other liked to make,
Lots of sweets and cake.
They cried, "We have a perfect plan,
We'll invite all the children we can,
And give them lots of sugary treats,
They'll never be able to resist our sweets.