Paul the Octopus and his World Cup Success
A common octopus called Paul,
Became famous in the world of football,
When he managed to guess,
Team Germany's success,
At the World Cup in 2010,
Over and over again.
Like all of his kind,
He was colour blind,
But liked shapes well defined,
Choosing Germany, Serbia and Spain,
Whose flags all contain,
When he knew nothing of players.
Perhaps stripes Gold, Red and Black,
Reminded him of a favourite snack.
So it turns out it was only chance,
That told him who would advance.
Stephen Katona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Paul the Octopus and his World Cup Success by Stephen Katona )
Did you read them?
- Fuzzy Fellow, Patrick Czyz
- Feel a human life!, Somanathan Iyer
- Last night, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Erotic Haiku, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Poetry Is Where You Find It IV, Frank Avon
- As major, hasmukh amathalal
- last spring, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Open it happily, hasmukh amathalal
- Footless though, gajanan mishra
- One reason, hasmukh amathalal