I want to write a poem, but I don't know where to start,
I want to write of love and the feeling in my heart.
It's hard for me think when my mind is jumbled up,
It's like trying to drink from what you know is an empty cup.
The words are avoiding me, they don't want to come out and play,
They are hiding in my inner soul, there saying "not today".
Why do you think that they want this delay?
Why won't they let me write, so that I can end this day?
I want to write and release the thoughts within my mind,
I want to express the realism and all my words in kind.
There is a frantic need to bear my soul to pen and paper,
Its needs to be done very soon, rather than later
Help me to find the words for this very lovely poem
Look into the vivid mind where they all seem to roam.
Pull them out of thin air and pass them on to me.
So I can write a beautiful poem for the entire world to see.
REB (MAY 2012) writer's block, we all get it.
Rik Bertrand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Writers Block by Rik Bertrand )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- UFO, Nicola Kelly
- Red and gold, Nicola Kelly
- Beyond reasonable doubt, Nicola Kelly
- A Photograph, Andrea Vescovo
- De ja vu, Nicola Kelly
- Watch NFL Pro Bowl 2015: Team Irvin vs [.., Noah Hariss
- Suitcase full of dreams, Nicola Kelly
- No ordinary day, Nicola Kelly
- There was a middle aged woman, Nicola Kelly
- Tears of fears, Nicola Kelly