I want to write a poem, but I don't know where to start,
I want to write of love and the feeling in my heart.
It's hard for me think when my mind is jumbled up,
It's like trying to drink from what you know is an empty cup.
The words are avoiding me, they don't want to come out and play,
They are hiding in my inner soul, there saying "not today".
Why do you think that they want this delay?
Why won't they let me write, so that I can end this day?
I want to write and release the thoughts within my mind,
I want to express the realism and all my words in kind.
There is a frantic need to bear my soul to pen and paper,
Its needs to be done very soon, rather than later
Help me to find the words for this very lovely poem
Look into the vivid mind where they all seem to roam.
Pull them out of thin air and pass them on to me.
So I can write a beautiful poem for the entire world to see.
REB (MAY 2012) writer's block, we all get it.
Rik Bertrand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Writers Block by Rik Bertrand )
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.40, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.39, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ v.38, Monk E. Biz
- Changes, Tex T Sarnie
- Mankind, Tex T Sarnie
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ v.37, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ v.36, Monk E. Biz
- What Obama..Years Sought...Served Up On .., James B. Earley
- The Dream Catcher, Savita Tyagi
- Believe In Your Own Life Again, Shalom Freedman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)