I want to write a poem, but I don't know where to start,
I want to write of love and the feeling in my heart.
It's hard for me think when my mind is jumbled up,
It's like trying to drink from what you know is an empty cup.
The words are avoiding me, they don't want to come out and play,
They are hiding in my inner soul, there saying "not today".
Why do you think that they want this delay?
Why won't they let me write, so that I can end this day?
I want to write and release the thoughts within my mind,
I want to express the realism and all my words in kind.
There is a frantic need to bear my soul to pen and paper,
Its needs to be done very soon, rather than later
Help me to find the words for this very lovely poem
Look into the vivid mind where they all seem to roam.
Pull them out of thin air and pass them on to me.
So I can write a beautiful poem for the entire world to see.
REB (MAY 2012) writer's block, we all get it.
Rik Bertrand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Writers Block by Rik Bertrand )
- Creamer Quest, Antonio Liao
- O For a Thousand Tongues, Betsy Sholl
- What I Can Say: To My Sisters, Betsy Sholl
- Rush Hour, Betsy Sholl
- Numeracy**, Neil Young
- The Wind and the Clock, Betsy Sholl
- Latcho Drom, Betsy Sholl
- funny day at the circus, lee fones
- Life, Victor Agbanyim
- Gulls in the Wind, Betsy Sholl
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1886 - 1967)
(30 June 1911 – 14 August 2004)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)