I want to write a poem, but I don't know where to start,
I want to write of love and the feeling in my heart.
It's hard for me think when my mind is jumbled up,
It's like trying to drink from what you know is an empty cup.
The words are avoiding me, they don't want to come out and play,
They are hiding in my inner soul, there saying "not today".
Why do you think that they want this delay?
Why won't they let me write, so that I can end this day?
I want to write and release the thoughts within my mind,
I want to express the realism and all my words in kind.
There is a frantic need to bear my soul to pen and paper,
Its needs to be done very soon, rather than later
Help me to find the words for this very lovely poem
Look into the vivid mind where they all seem to roam.
Pull them out of thin air and pass them on to me.
So I can write a beautiful poem for the entire world to see.
REB (MAY 2012) writer's block, we all get it.
Rik Bertrand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Writers Block by Rik Bertrand )
- Our First Date, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Terrorist Behind Every Bush, Talile Ali
- I Love You 2, Michael McParland
- Trust None, Even Me, Sir Toby Moses
- Lema, Nassy Fesharaki
- Decaying Within, Angelica Stevenz
- WALAA, Wala' Qamhieh
- A Hardworking Wind, Terry Dawson
- have been posess, ademola oluwabusayo
- Be patient, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Conscience, Henry David Thoreau
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)