You are Strong Enough
Life has got me down; my life is on the run,
I cannot see the end; I feel my life is done.
I can't see the light that they say is near,
I am falling into a hole, and my future is not clear.
I hear the voices calling; I hear them all around,
Oh the words they are saying, what a beautiful sound
You are strong enough; you are more than you can see.
You are strong enough; you can be happy and free.
Just listen to world around you, listen to your heart.
Smile a little smile for me that will be a start.
I have lost some of my loved ones, I have lost hope
I have laid down my head; I am on a downward slope.
I have cried all the tears, and I have no more give,
And there are times I have really lost the will to live.
But when I get to the point that I just can’t take no more,
I hear a voice of reason, and my heart just wants to listen
You are strong enough; you have love all around you.
You are strong enough; there is nothing you can't do.
You have friends in all corners of the world, just listen.
You will thrive, you will love, your heart, it will glisten.
These words are embedded in my soul and my heart,
These words I will use, I will never let them part.
These words are from my friends, they love me more than ever.
When I am down, these words will be my extra lever.
Dedicated to Jennifer Baker Armstrong (You are Strong Enough)
REB Nov 2011
Rik Bertrand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You are Strong Enough by Rik Bertrand )
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(c. 600 BCE)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- I'll Always, Michael P. McParland
- Have Faith, Michael P. McParland
- Grace Me, Michael P. McParland
- farewell 'to the winter solders that los.., ademola oluwabusayo
- Soul, Jordan Myrie
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael P. McParland
- Forgive Me Please, Michael P. McParland
- Concentrate On The Game, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Come Join Me?, Michael P. McParland
- Come Hold Me, Michael P. McParland