...wise to be humble
Oh God, it is wise to be humble
but poets may never believe,
in the poet world's rumble and tumble
he has millions of words up his sleeve.
And he twists them and shapes their behinds
then he kisses their curves and their skin,
as the poem then labours and grinds
he will dream of the day he will win.
There is no one who writes quite the same
nor will searchers discover a man
who will speak with each word in a frame
and each line laid acording to plan.
You, who laugh at these poems, just hush!
Can you equal this salad of words?
And if not I command you to blush
pay respect to the culture of nerds.
Herbert Nehrlich's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (...wise to be humble by Herbert Nehrlich )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Cemetery, John Dadzie
- People Confusion Is, Is It Poetry
- God has been biting his nails again, Mandolyn ...
- Forsaken, Clara Keiper
- LONELY EBOLA, Egbe Chris
- ABROAD في الخارج, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Titbit Of Tit, Saanumi ikujuni
- which button makes me disappear?, Mandolyn ...
- hold me with both hands, Mandolyn ...
- we were made for love..., Marshall Gass