...wise to be humble
Oh God, it is wise to be humble
but poets may never believe,
in the poet world's rumble and tumble
he has millions of words up his sleeve.
And he twists them and shapes their behinds
then he kisses their curves and their skin,
as the poem then labours and grinds
he will dream of the day he will win.
There is no one who writes quite the same
nor will searchers discover a man
who will speak with each word in a frame
and each line laid acording to plan.
You, who laugh at these poems, just hush!
Can you equal this salad of words?
And if not I command you to blush
pay respect to the culture of nerds.
Herbert Nehrlich's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (...wise to be humble by Herbert Nehrlich )
- Let me name one, gajanan mishra
- Moy Serena Venera, YA tebya lyublyu, yes.., Hebert Logerie
- My heart, James Berth
- Where will she be, hasmukh amathalal
- Drinking God's Beauty, Vera Sidhwa
- I know you are calling me, gajanan mishra
- What Perfect Love Could Be, michael walkerjohn
- Only reality, hasmukh amathalal
- The Photographer, Randy McClave
- THE WORLD AND I, Romeo Della Valle
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Let Me Die A Youngman's Death, Roger McGough
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Woman Work, Maya Angelou
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)