Why Do You Love Football?
Why do you love football?
What do you see in it?
Why not watch another sport
Like Rugby, Golf, or Cricket?
Well let me answer that my friend
And put your mind at rest
I love the beautiful game
Because it's simply the best
No other sport is as exciting
No other comes anywhere near
Football can create passion
And lots of atmosphere
It is loved all around the world
Most children kick a football
Rich kids, and poor kids
small kids, and some very tall
A good football match is a joy to watch
That's why thousands go to every game
When you get goals and lots of action
All the fans are so glad that they came
So yes my friend I do love football
It's by far the number one sport for me
So while you're watching Golf and Cricket
I'll be watching Match of the Day, or Man U F.C.
Candy Simpson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Do You Love Football? by Candy Simpson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sibling Oath, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- Godwin's Farm, Naveed Khalid
- The Neighbor Prayer, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Diplomacy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Comet, Naveed Khalid
- Jumbled Sewing Basket, Green And White W.., mary douglas
- Hospitality (Section 9 of Thirukural), rajendran muthiah
- Crushed, Gergana Teofilova
- Not a big deal, Pradip Chattopadhyay