Where Are They
Where are they,
I ask in wonder.
Can they reach out?
Tell us from beyond?
I do not know.
But someone does.
It could be you,
Have you something on your mind?
You thing you saw something?
What do you think you saw?
A car, hidden in some God forsaken lane,
With it’s master there, staring at his next sacrifice.
Was he keeping a vigilant eye on his victim?
Watching, waiting till the time was right to capture her.
One by one, they have disappeared, without a trace.
Year by year, these young maidens vanished,
Their loved ones wait for some information.
Broken-hearted mothers beat their breasts
And fathers, they know no rest,
Awaiting the knowledge of their child’s whereabouts,
Dead or alive,
One way or the other.
Their right to a Christian service has been denied,
They have gone,
Against their will to an end.
Only God knows
And the evil one who has done the deed,
So wicked and so cruel.
Ah, but there is a God.
He is the almighty and ever powerful one.
He knows all,
He knows where,
But, most of all, he know who.
So, you may think you’re safe -
You, the depraved one, your days are numbered,
Hour by hour, the clock will tick away
The remainder of your existence
Until the day of reckoning will come,
And it comes to everyone.
What will you do then?
You have no scruples,
I have no sympathy for you.
You are deranged,
You have no feeling.
You are dead to everything nature has to offer you
So you destroy the happiness of others.
Torment will ravage you,
Their ghosts will haunt you,
You will have nowhere to run.
You can not run from yourself!
Where are they? ? ?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Where Are They by mai venn )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Cloud In Trousers - part I, Vladimir Vladimirovich Mayak ..
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- So Let Us Love, Edmund Spenser
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies
- Shrouded, Jessica Paige Davies
- I Live, Tanja Henderson