What is Time?
Time is a stream of moments ethereal,
invisible, intangible, yet very familiar,
its meaning is elusive, mercurial,
Time, indeed, is most peculiar.
Though the guardian of our destiny,
it acts with gay abandon and impunity.
It knows no master, it is master of all,
without it the whole universe would fall.
Time is an inscrutable mystery,
ever unborn, ever born, ever dying,
future, present and past, ever becoming;
now you see it now you don't kind of trickery.
What makes the meaning of Time elusive?
Perhaps because its nature is relative;
it is often compared to something,
but is never that very same thing.
The same can be said of Eternity,
or the concept of Infinity,
or the 'Timelessness' of the Deity.
Best leave such things to Faith and Philosophy.
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What is Time? by Isam Hussain )
- Holy! Holy!, Naveed Khalid
- 74, Naveed Khalid
- Femme Fatale, Naveed Khalid
- LIFE IS CLOUDY, BUT THERE WILL BE NO RAINS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Qytetit tim, skender iljaz braka
- While my eyes delight at you, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Celestial String of Pearls, Harley White
- Feeling, Anne Rub.
- Lost amid his Laughter, Aftab Alam
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI