What is Time?
Time is a stream of moments ethereal,
invisible, intangible, yet very familiar,
its meaning is elusive, mercurial,
Time, indeed, is most peculiar.
Though the guardian of our destiny,
it acts with gay abandon and impunity.
It knows no master, it is master of all,
without it the whole universe would fall.
Time is an inscrutable mystery,
ever unborn, ever born, ever dying,
future, present and past, ever becoming;
now you see it now you don't kind of trickery.
What makes the meaning of Time elusive?
Perhaps because its nature is relative;
it is often compared to something,
but is never that very same thing.
The same can be said of Eternity,
or the concept of Infinity,
or the 'Timelessness' of the Deity.
Best leave such things to Faith and Philosophy.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What is Time? by Isam Hussain )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A Certain Beauty, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Brel2, David McLansky
- Untouched, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Being Enriched, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If we meet again, Mellinda Aimee Jajalla
- Wondering How To Find Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Luna ii, binod bastola
- Killings! Killings!, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Long ago and far away., richard harris
- in memory of my first and last love, LUZAAN de Bruyn