What is Time?
Time is a stream of moments ethereal,
invisible, intangible, yet very familiar,
its meaning is elusive, mercurial,
Time, indeed, is most peculiar.
Though the guardian of our destiny,
it acts with gay abandon and impunity.
It knows no master, it is master of all,
without it the whole universe would fall.
Time is an inscrutable mystery,
ever unborn, ever born, ever dying,
future, present and past, ever becoming;
now you see it now you don't kind of trickery.
What makes the meaning of Time elusive?
Perhaps because its nature is relative;
it is often compared to something,
but is never that very same thing.
The same can be said of Eternity,
or the concept of Infinity,
or the 'Timelessness' of the Deity.
Best leave such things to Faith and Philosophy.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What is Time? by Isam Hussain )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Silence, Cheryl Griffith
- Freedom Is! (Regional Korea), Ronald Chapman
- a Poem Born in July, ronald stroman
- Peace, Jack Rolph
- Forget It! (Writers Block), Ronald Chapman
- Rapture, John Lars Zwerenz
- Speak up Luciana Berger MP, Barney Rooney
- Is this why Kurdistan?, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Filthy Creature, Shemsi Elsani
- Hear The Rain Typing, Kyle Schlicher