What is Time?
Time is a stream of moments ethereal,
invisible, intangible, yet very familiar,
its meaning is elusive, mercurial,
Time, indeed, is most peculiar.
Though the guardian of our destiny,
it acts with gay abandon and impunity.
It knows no master, it is master of all,
without it the whole universe would fall.
Time is an inscrutable mystery,
ever unborn, ever born, ever dying,
future, present and past, ever becoming;
now you see it now you don't kind of trickery.
What makes the meaning of Time elusive?
Perhaps because its nature is relative;
it is often compared to something,
but is never that very same thing.
The same can be said of Eternity,
or the concept of Infinity,
or the 'Timelessness' of the Deity.
Best leave such things to Faith and Philosophy.
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What is Time? by Isam Hussain )
- ' गुरुगान यशगान ', Rahul Vyas
- Silence, Tshering Chekii
- 'तस्वीर', Rahul Vyas
- दंङ आंहा कलम गंसे, Ronjoy Brahma
- Men are sexually cruel., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Decrepit, Adam Ruudiina
- NEELA NATH Opulent Poetess Extraordinair.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Not with tears, hasmukh amathalal
- Laziness, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Dreams or Dust?, Adam Ruudiina
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Brown Penny, William Butler Yeats
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)