What Say You?
The Ship of Life sails upon the sea of Time,
courting the fair wind, battling the storm.
I chart its course, guide its wheel,
but there is an Other, I feel,
who, sometimes, interferes.
I disembark in many a port,
some of my choosing, some not.
My stay, too, long or short,
Isn’t always what I want.
Who can this Other be?
Some say it is Chance: fickle, unpredictable.
Others say it is Fate: predetermined, unshakeable.
Some even speak of God: caring, dependable.
Others say it is just the way life is: unfathomable.
What say you, master of your Ship of Life?
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Say You? by Isam Hussain )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Untitle II, Seira LNlee94
- Robbin Williams - RIP, krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- Body and Spirit, Mwenyeji Spikes
- Abiding In Forgiveness, Mwenyeji Spikes
- A SPECIAL LANGUAGE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Other Side of the Gun, Vince Rogers
- Cruelty, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My day in winter, Tiku akp
- The Inner Vault, Mwenyeji Spikes
- Written Soul, Christina de Vries