Caught between a rock and a hard place
certainties vanish into the far distance,
doubts loom large like a spectre of doom;
I am confused, trapped in my little room.
There is no clarity of thought, no future plan,
only an intense desire to cut and run.
My world is engulfed in darkness,
anxiety intensified my sadness.
A welcoming hand reaches out to me,
a gentle face smiles at me;
the gate to happiness opens;
I walk through, my ordeal ends.
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Answered Prayer by Isam Hussain )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Graveyard, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Symphony of Discords By K.V.Suryanarayan.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Roads, Somanathan Iyer
- It's Not Just Rain, Daniel Skentelbery
- The Day After I Shouted Abuse at the Queen, Daniel Skentelbery
- Name-Calling, Diane Hine
- A pan fried fish…?, Mark Heathcote
- The Persecuted, Sandra Feldman
- wedding day, ademola oluwabusayo
- Dream the moon, Somanathan Iyer