Caught between a rock and a hard place
certainties vanish into the far distance,
doubts loom large like a spectre of doom;
I am confused, trapped in my little room.
There is no clarity of thought, no future plan,
only an intense desire to cut and run.
My world is engulfed in darkness,
anxiety intensified my sadness.
A welcoming hand reaches out to me,
a gentle face smiles at me;
the gate to happiness opens;
I walk through, my ordeal ends.
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Answered Prayer by Isam Hussain )
- Seconds In Prison, Naveed Akram
- The Light Brigade Charge, John F. McCullagh
- Farewell Forever, Sacha Hayes O'Grady
- Orphans, Nassy Fesharaki
- An Atheist on Sunday, Donal Mahoney
- Remember me, micheal john
- For God and Country, John F. McCullagh
- Smoking is Injurious to Health, Aftab Alam
- While crying, let me smile, gajanan mishra
- Butterfly's Flight, Steve Kittell
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)