Belief and Unbelief
Sceptics say God is an illusion,
a figment of human imagination,
a sure sign of self-delusion;
they deride the contradiction
that pervades our diction
as we speak of our conviction.
Sceptics make accusations,
hastily raise objections,
they sow the seed of confusion;
weave a web of deception
to avoid giving us their solution
to the mystery of Life and Creation.
They present their case plausibly,
quoting Hawking and Darwin readily:
the Big Bang is the origin of Creation,
and Life is rooted in Evolution;
they urge us to abandon self-delusion
and embrace their rational solution.
Theories may help us to explain
how things evolve and generate;
they deal with processes in the main,
and show how things originate;
but the Origin of all origins, they admit,
is not within their knowledge or remit.
We offer sceptics this Origin as God:
a Principle of unknown nature or name,
a Reality grasped by the mind,
a Truth known only by love.
This is the One we seek to know as God,
life's companion and faithful friend.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Belief and Unbelief by Isam Hussain )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Commodore Lionel B. Richie, Richard Thripp
- Her Kindness Is Real, Nihil Existentia
- TRAITORS خونة - خائنين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Will Bathe My Dreams, Kyle Schlicher
- For what is my purpose?, The Princess
- Mother. Mother., beresford mitchell
- In the waiting room, Anna Garland
- THEY CAN NOT KILL THEIR WILL لايقدرون عل.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Haiku And Fruit, Kyle Schlicher
- Short Circuited To Ignite, Lawrence S. Pertillar