What A Poet Is To Me Personally
A poet is a novelist, a vacationer who can take you
Into a realm of fantasy or reality.
One who will have you travel thru their minds
Their feelings, their emotions, one which can
Make you envision or feel the aches, pains, sorrows, joys
And of everything that life has to offer.
To be able to see the beauties and the ugliness that it may bring
The poet tries to put themselves on both sides of the fence
And describe it the best that they can.
There is no particular style for poetry!
Every poet chooses what they feel comfortable with.
The key is the way that they touch the readers.
Can the reader envision in their minds what is happening
And do they feel what is being said.
e.g. – OH BUT TO DREAM A BEAUTIFUL DREAM
Is it perceived as a statement or a question?
No matter what style we may use, it is how we use it
And how people relate to it.
This is “WHAT A POET IS TO ME PERSONALLY”
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What A Poet Is To Me Personally by louis rams )
- Elegy Number Six, Nouri al Jarrah
- Elegy Number Three, Nouri al Jarrah
- looking, llinda bevan
- Elegy Number Two, Nouri al Jarrah
- Elegy Number One, Nouri al Jarrah
- Economic Rugs., Bieze Josephat
- Mama et Papa, Sentamu Aziz
- Roses, Kwai Chee Low
- The Crownless King, Sentamu Aziz
- My Windy Friend, Kwai Chee Low
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- First Day at School, Roger McGough
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)