What A Poet Is To Me Personally
A poet is a novelist, a vacationer who can take you
Into a realm of fantasy or reality.
One who will have you travel thru their minds
Their feelings, their emotions, one which can
Make you envision or feel the aches, pains, sorrows, joys
And of everything that life has to offer.
To be able to see the beauties and the ugliness that it may bring
The poet tries to put themselves on both sides of the fence
And describe it the best that they can.
There is no particular style for poetry!
Every poet chooses what they feel comfortable with.
The key is the way that they touch the readers.
Can the reader envision in their minds what is happening
And do they feel what is being said.
e.g. – OH BUT TO DREAM A BEAUTIFUL DREAM
Is it perceived as a statement or a question?
No matter what style we may use, it is how we use it
And how people relate to it.
This is “WHAT A POET IS TO ME PERSONALLY”
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What A Poet Is To Me Personally by louis rams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Indian Serenade, Percy Bysshe Shelley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- If We Ever Meet Again....., Lichu Thomas
- Because I Care, Shahid Hussain Chouhdry
- o! she's gone away, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- Bombs, Stratis Havarti
- Harmony, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Adnate to the Funicle, Robert Ronnow
- Lime-trees, Dr John Celes
- South Bronx, Robert Ronnow
- The Slow Dimension, Sare Sayidi
- Polar Bear Mugs Wino, Robert Ronnow