Gert Strydom (03 April 1964 / Johannesburg, South Africa)
We sat near the steps (cavatina)
We sat near the steps of the porch with your hand
touching my own
your eyes sparkled like those of a wildcat;
I have not known
a glance as sweet as a lingering kiss,
saw a small frown
creasing your brow against the bright hot sun
while just being with you were the greatest fun.
Poet Other Poems
- “Where have all the soldiers gone? Gone ...
- 1899-1902 (Cavatina Sequence) (In Answ...
- 20th century
- 5th Avenue remembered
- A accountant at a transport company
- A Bee Buzzes Past In Its Flight
- a Birthday
- A birthday: Far too long
- A bottle of wolf’s poison
- A bouquet for you
- A Boy Fishing (Cavatina Sequence)
- a Brave Boer boy
- A brave Field Cornet
- A brood of vipers
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.