Fun Poems - Poems For Fun
Poems about fun. You can read the best fun poems. Browse through all fun poems.
In The Orchard - Poem by Muriel Stuart
'I thought you loved me.' 'No, it was only fun.'
'When we stood there, closer than all?' 'Well, the harvest moon
Was shining and queer in your hair, and it turned my head.'
'That made you?' 'Yes.' 'Just the moon and the light it made
Under the tree?' 'Well, your mouth, too.' 'Yes, my mouth?'
'And the quiet there that sang like the drum in the booth.
You shouldn't have danced like that.' 'Like what?' 'So close,
Whith your head turned up, and the flower in your hair, a rose
That smelt all warm.' 'I loved you. I thought you knew
I wouldn't have danced like that with any but you.'
'I didn't know, I thought you knew it was fun.'
'I thought it was love you meant.' 'Well, it's done.' 'Yes, it's done.
I've seen boys stone a blackbird, and watched them drown
A kitten... it clawed at the reeds, and they pushed it down
Into the pool while it screamed. Is that fun, too?'
'Well, boys are like that... Your brothers...' 'Yes, I know.
But you, so lovely and strong! Not you! Not you!'
'They don't understand it's cruel. It's only a game.'
'And are girls fun, too?' 'No, still in a way it's the same.
It's queer and lovely to have a girl...' 'Go on.'
'It makes you mad for a bit to feel she's your own,
And you laugh and kiss her, and maybe you give her a ring,
But it's only in fun.' 'But I gave you everything.'
'Well, you shouldn't have done it. You know what a fellow thinks
When a girl does that.' 'Yes, he talks of her over his drinks
And calles her a--' 'Stop that now, I thought you knew.'
'But it wasn't with anyone else. It was only you.'
'How did I know? I thought you wanted it too.
I thought you were like the rest. Well, what's to be done?'
'To be done' 'Is it all right?' 'Yes.' 'Sure?' 'Yes, but why?'
'I don't know, I thought you where going to cry.
You said you had something to tell me.' 'Yes, I know.
It wasn't anything relly... I think I'll go.'
'Yes, it's late. There's thunder about, a drop of rain
Fell on my hand in the dark. I'll see you again
At the dance next week. You're sure that everything's right?'
'Yes,' 'Well, I'll be going.' 'Kiss me...' 'Good night.' ... 'Good night.'
Poems About Fun
- 1. In The Orchard , Muriel Stuart
- 2. A Little Fun Keeps You Young , Meggie Gultiano
- 3. A Sane Revolution , David Herbert Lawrence
- 4. # # A Process - Senryu , Samanyan Lakshminarayanan
- 5. A Bird Came Down The Walk , john tiong chunghoo
- 6. Tests And Homework And Quizzes And School , David Kulczyk
- 7. Fundamental Reggae , Michael Shepherd
- 8. At The Pond , Cassy Taberna
- 9. Alphabet Names , Ben Gieske
- 10. .god’s Own Children , Vidyadhara ...
- 11. ! What A Wild Wind Today , Michael Shepherd
- 12. Fam The True Story , david bailey
- 13. Swimming , Casey Noe
- 14. P0em Hunter , tiyler durden
- 15. A Healthy Habit , hasmukh amathalal
- 16. Happy Birthday To A Girl So Pretty , Jay Puzon
- 17. ******missin' An Enemy******* , Sonia H.
- 18. Lighten Up! , Adryan Rotica
- 19. A Little Safe Fun , Clarence Prince
- 20. Sunny Garden , David Darbyshire
- 21. Differences To Women & To Men Pt.1: Sex .. , Corey Threet
- 22. It's A Rainy Rainy Day , Geetha Jayakumar
- 23. What Is Poetry? , Sylvia Chidi
- 24. Fun , Selina Gurgacz
- 25. I Am Very Bored! Save Me Please , Kori Haffmun
- 26. Marigolds Taken From The Dirt , Ace Of Black Hearts
- 27. Centre Of Attention (Fun Poem 41) , David Harris
- 28. Author And Heaven  , Irvan Hermawan Saichu
- 29. (getting) Sorrows , Rich Downes
- 30. Motor Mischief , Flying Lemming
- 31. It's No Fun , John Carter Brown
- 32. Love Fever - Mania, Mania, Love Mania! (.. , Harindhar Reddy
- 33. A Fun Box Born Of Idiot Box! , Ramesh T A
- 34. Mother's Day Is Sad Without My Mother , Susie Sunshine
- 35. Fun , michael hubbert
- 36. School Is Fun , Supriya Prathapan
- 37. Reasons To Be Cheerful. , Emily Alice Madden
- 38. A Fun Or Fate Poetry Writing? , Ramesh T A
- 39. Weep Not, Brokenhearted , Sylvia Chidi
- 40. Old-Time Simple Summer Fun! , Mr. Nobody
- 41. Erasmus , Dwayne Earle Gordon
- 42. Dance In The Light , Amélie Peace
- 43. Visit Malaysia Year Poem - Klang River (.. , john tiong chunghoo
- 44. Stop Bullying For Good! , Ramesh T A
- 45. Summer Fun At The Beach , Attalia Gooden
- 46. Fun At Work , Jerry Abrahamson
- 47. Have Fun , Hali Curtis
- 48. Having Fun , Nikhil Parekh
- 49. To Run From Fun , Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 50. Fundid Acid , maria sudibyo
New Fun Poems
- I Do, michael walkerjohn
- Learning Is A Continous Process, diane montemayor
- Woolsey Owl, michael walkerjohn
- Having Fun, Nikhil Parekh
- Eyed, Abdullah alHemaidy
- To Run From Fun, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Pretty Fifth Senses Of Laughing, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Truth For Some Done Is Welcomed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Foolish Fun, Timothy Branch
- Night Fun, Raj Arumugam
- carpe diem