I am frightened of my own small voice
('But you have to use me, there's no choice')
I am anxious, every sound I make
(' Worried that you'll make a mistake? ')
I am scared of many words I say
('lucky I've not been scared away')
My voice sounds funny to my ears
('Arn't you used to me after all these years? ')
I should relax, this fear's absurd
('Too right, silly you, as i'd like to be heard! ')
Ok ok, so I'll make you my own
(' I've always been yours, every word, every tone')
So why was I frightened, it makes no sense
('It's not really me, it's your confidence')
You're right you know, my voice is strong
(' Now speak with your confidence, get her along')
Well thank you voice, it was lovely to chat
' I've come out of the brackets, are you ok with that? '
That's a good idea, and I'll fully embrace
It's time to place confidence into her space! !
' I agree: -) '
Stevie Taite's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Voice by Stevie Taite )
- Fair And Square!, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Do Not Have Any Word, Neela Nath
- The Puzzle, Ravikumar C.P.
- 'O' Cloud of My Skies, Aftab Alam
- My Words And Her Words, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ode To B.J Azang, Tony Adah
- So Many Hummingbirds, Donal Mahoney
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 12, Aftab Alam
- Reaching For Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Centennary - -, Murtaza Micky Yusuf