Lawrence S. Pertillar
Very Few That I Have Met
Who do you think you are dealing with?
Some fly by night inexperienced nitwit?
Someone who has not discovered,
Purpose and the meaning of life?
Someone who excites by any attention given?
And anything shown is perfectly alright?
Nothing that I have learned,
Led me to believe...
I was the center of the universe.
My upbringing 'instantly'...
Chased those thoughts away from me!
I like to share my time,
With those pretention free.
Those who have qualities of empathy...
And a thoughtfulness learned,
After a discovered identity!
Some folks don't know who they are!
And masquerade as someone else.
And after going through a few disguises...
I will only spend my time,
With those who give a damn...
About life and what it offers!
There is nothing like knowing,
The I...in I Am.
So you need not try to offer anything less.
Since more of what I am looking for...
Is not worn or shown just to impress!
I am into much more.
And very few that I have met,
Can or have yet...
Let a 'realness' that is inside,
Come outside to be addressed!
To be caught up in distress!
And 'busy bodying' themselves...
In someone else's left mess!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Very Few That I Have Met by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- and then the night swallows her includin.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Cupid Pari, binod bastola
- my eye has a patch on the inside, Mandolyn ...
- Final Moment, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- to always be the self amidst these cacop.., RIC S. BASTASA
- what should be forgotten next, RIC S. BASTASA
- feelings creep like vines on a trellis, RIC S. BASTASA
- Tears Of Loss, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Laid Down My Sword, Captain Cur
- Minds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak