Lawrence S. Pertillar
Very Inspiring Stuff
Where are you going?
'To the debates.'
I thought you stayed away from politics?
'That was yesterday.
Before I decided I would get into comedy.
One of the debaters accused the other,
Of being a 'Capitalist'.
Because he actually stated...
He had 'no' lack of fear of cutting jobs,
To aid big business.
Just a week ago they were all accusing,
The current leader for being a 'Socialist'.
With claims he was against 'Capitalism'.'
I wish I had known earlier in my career,
It was this funny.
I am getting some great material.
Very inspiring stuff.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Very Inspiring Stuff by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Tune Metallic, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Don't Say Goodbye, Michael P. McParland
- Enough With the Socks, Babbling Brookes
- Don't Like It?, Michael P. McParland
- Domestic Dreams, Michael P. McParland
- Delicately, Michael P. McParland
- DANCING COLOURS OF POWER, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Till My End, Michael P. McParland
- A Frozen Soldier, Raymond A. Foss
- Three Sides To Every Story, Michael P. McParland