'Venus and Mars'
This title, I saved months ago… feeling all creative and sharp as a whip,
But now… I just stare at the title, and can’t come up with even a quip.
I suppose that, based upon the books written by a well know author named Ruth?
No, that’s not it, Ok, I’ll be honest with you, Now I'm giong to tell you the truth.
The bottom line is this, and it's quite simple, Women and Men are different...
As if that’s new to your ears,
but women need certain things to be happy,
And Men, they just want the 3 B’s… Boobs, Butts, and Beers.
Women, they need to be taken seriously and know that they matter,
They need to be listened to, talked to and held-
Especially when there’s no expectations of sex
to be had...
And us men, we need to realize these things,
Before we become Mr. Ex.
Women, they like to be treated like queens and princesses,
Because they are!
And give them our faithfulness and trust,
And us men, their Knights and their Kings,
We must learn to treat women as equals, Give them our hearts our souls, not just our lust- Or our bedroom play-things.
But don’t get me wrong now Girls,
I know you crave It as much as we…
If Not More!
So Men…Snap Out Of It!
And start acting like you have a clue…
Before you find that you’re out the door!
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Venus and Mars' by Kelly Seale )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
Oliver Wendell Holmes
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- My Sunprincess, Neela Nath
- Colorful Dots-2, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- You, Joseph Archer
- दुखुनि मोदै हुगारनानै, Ronjoy Brahma
- Colorful Dots-1, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Be The Candle, Neela Nath
- A Very Simple Song, Joseph Archer
- Yule Log, GRANT FRASER
- Necromancy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Song For A Fisherman, Joseph Archer