'Venus and Mars'
This title, I saved months ago… feeling all creative and sharp as a whip,
But now… I just stare at the title, and can’t come up with even a quip.
I suppose that, based upon the books written by a well know author named Ruth?
No, that’s not it, Ok, I’ll be honest with you, Now I'm giong to tell you the truth.
The bottom line is this, and it's quite simple, Women and Men are different...
As if that’s new to your ears,
but women need certain things to be happy,
And Men, they just want the 3 B’s… Boobs, Butts, and Beers.
Women, they need to be taken seriously and know that they matter,
They need to be listened to, talked to and held-
Especially when there’s no expectations of sex
to be had...
And us men, we need to realize these things,
Before we become Mr. Ex.
Women, they like to be treated like queens and princesses,
Because they are!
And give them our faithfulness and trust,
And us men, their Knights and their Kings,
We must learn to treat women as equals, Give them our hearts our souls, not just our lust- Or our bedroom play-things.
But don’t get me wrong now Girls,
I know you crave It as much as we…
If Not More!
So Men…Snap Out Of It!
And start acting like you have a clue…
Before you find that you’re out the door!
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Venus and Mars' by Kelly Seale )
- The safety., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Limerick-35, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- no more love story, The Princess is
- Illogical, Margaret Moran
- Want, The Princess is
- The Passing of the Lord, Translation of .., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Teleskof, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bearing With One Another, Edward Kofi Louis
- Danyell, Edward Kofi Louis
- ap english, imani halley
Poem of the Day
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- avenues america, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)