'Venus and Mars'
This title, I saved months ago… feeling all creative and sharp as a whip,
But now… I just stare at the title, and can’t come up with even a quip.
I suppose that, based upon the books written by a well know author named Ruth?
No, that’s not it, Ok, I’ll be honest with you, Now I'm giong to tell you the truth.
The bottom line is this, and it's quite simple, Women and Men are different...
As if that’s new to your ears,
but women need certain things to be happy,
And Men, they just want the 3 B’s… Boobs, Butts, and Beers.
Women, they need to be taken seriously and know that they matter,
They need to be listened to, talked to and held-
Especially when there’s no expectations of sex
to be had...
And us men, we need to realize these things,
Before we become Mr. Ex.
Women, they like to be treated like queens and princesses,
Because they are!
And give them our faithfulness and trust,
And us men, their Knights and their Kings,
We must learn to treat women as equals, Give them our hearts our souls, not just our lust- Or our bedroom play-things.
But don’t get me wrong now Girls,
I know you crave It as much as we…
If Not More!
So Men…Snap Out Of It!
And start acting like you have a clue…
Before you find that you’re out the door!
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Venus and Mars' by Kelly Seale )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Uncle Trevor's Justice to Travis, rohan bendre
- The Second Birth Of Tragedy, Leila Samarrai
- Y/.. A Restfull Mind, Aufie Zophy
- My bodyguard, Rob Spiering
- Green Shades Create a Meaning, Rohit Sapra
- Country Inn, Dr. Yogesh Sharma
- Mysterious guest., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- If You Could, Brian J. Stafford
- Melancholy of a dreamer, Jonathan De Vocht
- The snow makes me happy., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..