Lawrence S. Pertillar
Until The Sun On The Horizon Appears
Because there is no other love,
Than the pursuit of a dream kept...
One foresees to believe,
A sweeping away debris with obstacles to rid...
One stays focused on a chosen path,
Until the Sun on the horizon appears.
To shine brightly upon one devoted with faith.
And long projected with steps set in motion made!
And because there is no other love one feels,
Both day and night to not subside from one's sight...
A done sacrificing satisfies what one knows inside,
That an arrival will eventually take place to embrace.
Regardless of negative comments naysayers make.
One stays focused on that chosen path,
Until the Sun on the horizon appears and at last...
To brightly shine upon the one devoted and focused.
Although decades may pass no doubts interfere,
With time spent others impatient accepted as waste.
Those found nonbelieving yet sharing their bitter tastes.
While the one welcomes the Sun that comes to shine...
To bask in delight what eventually is witnessed and done,
Of a dream kept to pursue come true!
And that sacrificing one has accomplished to do,
Achieves to receive that which had been kept believed!
'No more tea to pour for me please.
I've had enough of that!
I'm grateful to just sit here and reminisce alone.
With a witnessing of what my kept faith has shown.
I do wish to thank you for respecting my privacy.
And with such courtesy you've left me to remember,
I will never forget.'
Topic of this poem: faith
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Until The Sun On The Horizon Appears by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- "Mike Teavee...", Roald Dahl
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Love, Carolyn Blackmon
- The Staff at Flagstaff Hospital, Kathryn Tyler King
- Dry Your Sorrows And Tears, Spiritwind Wood
- My Venus, Sandra Lynn
- Turn Around, Spiritwind Wood
- Stay True, Be You, Carolyn Blackmon
- Tagore Song (#10) I travel alone as lon.., Tushar Ray
- Give To Me, Spiritwind Wood
- Language of Flowers, The Princess is
- Do You Know Who I Am, Spiritwind Wood