She sits on the park-bench, cold and hungry feeling judged by those that walk pass her.
Her life hasn't been fair.
She's use to being treated unfair.
She doesn't feel like anyone cares.
Everyone just stares.
As they walk pass her pointing the finger.
Aware of her possessions scattered in midwinter.
She wishes for a better life.
This isn't the life she pictured.
When, she was young, she thought, she would grow-up to be someone's wife.
But, her life has been no fairytale.
Everything, she tries, she fails.
She's ready to give up on life.
She sees no future.
Her life has been scattered in fragmented pieces.
She doesn't know what it is to be loved.
She feels unloved.
First by her parents, then by her boyfriend,
She can't pretend.
To be someone she isn't.
The last time she spoke to her dad, he was in prison.
The last time she heard from her mom, she was in prison.
She doesn't want to grow up like her parents'.
She feels, unlovable!
Waiting for someone to show her some acceptance,
She knows she's made mistakes.
But when you walk by her judging her, she thinks you're a fake.
You pretend to be a Christian.
Showing your legalism religion,
Instead of a Christian on a mission that serves the unlovable.
Psalm 34: 18
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Unlovable by Patricia Kelley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- It came like a storm, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- please don't take her, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Car Lights (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Expression Eruption: Alcohol, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Death please came and take me, tsholofelo phakathi
- The Ph.D. Guide & The Girl Scholar (A Lo.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- And Were You Dreaming In The Licorice Ni.., mary douglas
- Por-por Chha Gaya.........., Upendra Singh
- It Is Beautiful To Act Like A Sattagerin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Minimalism, Adonis Enricuso