She sits on the park-bench, cold and hungry feeling judged by those that walk pass her.
Her life hasn't been fair.
She's use to being treated unfair.
She doesn't feel like anyone cares.
Everyone just stares.
As they walk pass her pointing the finger.
Aware of her possessions scattered in midwinter.
She wishes for a better life.
This isn't the life she pictured.
When, she was young, she thought, she would grow-up to be someone's wife.
But, her life has been no fairytale.
Everything, she tries, she fails.
She's ready to give up on life.
She sees no future.
Her life has been scattered in fragmented pieces.
She doesn't know what it is to be loved.
She feels unloved.
First by her parents, then by her boyfriend,
She can't pretend.
To be someone she isn't.
The last time she spoke to her dad, he was in prison.
The last time she heard from her mom, she was in prison.
She doesn't want to grow up like her parents'.
She feels, unlovable!
Waiting for someone to show her some acceptance,
She knows she's made mistakes.
But when you walk by her judging her, she thinks you're a fake.
You pretend to be a Christian.
Showing your legalism religion,
Instead of a Christian on a mission that serves the unlovable.
Psalm 34: 18
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Unlovable by Patricia Kelley )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Dreams are All That Remain, Rohit Sapra
- Flowers By The Roadside, Maurice Rowlands
- You are born to be a poet, ramesh rai
- Beautiful flower, gajanan mishra
- A Fool, crystal ruth
- The Game, douglas scotney
- Cover Me With You, George Dee Vuy
- Loss In A Mirror, Naveed Akram
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock
- Nine Views of the Huang Shang, Paul Hartal