She sits on the park-bench, cold and hungry feeling judged by those that walk pass her.
Her life hasn't been fair.
She's use to being treated unfair.
She doesn't feel like anyone cares.
Everyone just stares.
As they walk pass her pointing the finger.
Aware of her possessions scattered in midwinter.
She wishes for a better life.
This isn't the life she pictured.
When, she was young, she thought, she would grow-up to be someone's wife.
But, her life has been no fairytale.
Everything, she tries, she fails.
She's ready to give up on life.
She sees no future.
Her life has been scattered in fragmented pieces.
She doesn't know what it is to be loved.
She feels unloved.
First by her parents, then by her boyfriend,
She can't pretend.
To be someone she isn't.
The last time she spoke to her dad, he was in prison.
The last time she heard from her mom, she was in prison.
She doesn't want to grow up like her parents'.
She feels, unlovable!
Waiting for someone to show her some acceptance,
She knows she's made mistakes.
But when you walk by her judging her, she thinks you're a fake.
You pretend to be a Christian.
Showing your legalism religion,
Instead of a Christian on a mission that serves the unlovable.
Psalm 34: 18
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Unlovable by Patricia Kelley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Man He Killed, Thomas Hardy
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- God, ! - Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Short and Sweet, Brittany Veloso
- PH: Echo: True Love, Brian Johnston
- Snow Blind..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Nostalgia, Rimni chakravarty
- The Spirit-World, Emmanuel George Cefai