She sits on the park-bench, cold and hungry feeling judged by those that walk pass her.
Her life hasn't been fair.
She's use to being treated unfair.
She doesn't feel like anyone cares.
Everyone just stares.
As they walk pass her pointing the finger.
Aware of her possessions scattered in midwinter.
She wishes for a better life.
This isn't the life she pictured.
When, she was young, she thought, she would grow-up to be someone's wife.
But, her life has been no fairytale.
Everything, she tries, she fails.
She's ready to give up on life.
She sees no future.
Her life has been scattered in fragmented pieces.
She doesn't know what it is to be loved.
She feels unloved.
First by her parents, then by her boyfriend,
She can't pretend.
To be someone she isn't.
The last time she spoke to her dad, he was in prison.
The last time she heard from her mom, she was in prison.
She doesn't want to grow up like her parents'.
She feels, unlovable!
Waiting for someone to show her some acceptance,
She knows she's made mistakes.
But when you walk by her judging her, she thinks you're a fake.
You pretend to be a Christian.
Showing your legalism religion,
Instead of a Christian on a mission that serves the unlovable.
Psalm 34: 18
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Unlovable by Patricia Kelley )
- Last night was looking in my eyes, valentin savin
- Craving, Foster Teegarden
- Rain in summer امطار صيفية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Poets everywhere, hasmukh amathalal
- New Sandwich, Von Kimball Barney
- Careless, Foster Teegarden
- Butterflies, Deborah Kelley
- Blurred, Foster Teegarden
- Marble Steps, Morgan Michaels
- Fabulous rich, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)