I wish that I could understand,
I'd follow footsteps in the sand.
My essence I would give to you,
And I would beg you, to be true.
I know the things that I've done wrong,
Will never make the perfect song.
But, if anything is true,
It starts within my love for you.
The tide cannot achieve the shore,
The sun can't shine, and what is more,
That everything I have, will rest,
In you, when we have just caressed.
Grant to me, this final chance,
So I may just this once, perchance,
Show you the love have to give,
So we, in harmony, might live.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Understanding by Owain Glyn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- EVIL'S INEVITABLE, FAST, AND FREE FALL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Doomed, Kyle Schlicher
- Memory Without Remorse, Kyle Schlicher
- Question Answered, Kyle Schlicher
- Spearmint Leaves, Saiom Shriver
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Islands of Flowers, Marilyn Lott
- Home-makers, Dr Deena Padayachee
- I APOLOGIZE FOR YOU, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On your toe, shubham sutar