I wish that I could understand,
I'd follow footsteps in the sand.
My essence I would give to you,
And I would beg you, to be true.
I know the things that I've done wrong,
Will never make the perfect song.
But, if anything is true,
It starts within my love for you.
The tide cannot achieve the shore,
The sun can't shine, and what is more,
That everything I have, will rest,
In you, when we have just caressed.
Grant to me, this final chance,
So I may just this once, perchance,
Show you the love have to give,
So we, in harmony, might live.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Understanding by Owain Glyn )
- Emotional Hardship, Sandra Feldman
- Untouched, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- My Mother..., Taimane Fanene
- Ignoring Seasons, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ephemera, Ian Nicholas McDowell
- Seeing light in Darkness, Aziz Akrish
- Mother! will I not be the saffron spot o.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- A Virtual Life, Sandra Feldman
- Never Ending Dreams, Lilly Emery
- My Soul's Song, Matthew Densley
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)