I wish that I could understand,
I'd follow footsteps in the sand.
My essence I would give to you,
And I would beg you, to be true.
I know the things that I've done wrong,
Will never make the perfect song.
But, if anything is true,
It starts within my love for you.
The tide cannot achieve the shore,
The sun can't shine, and what is more,
That everything I have, will rest,
In you, when we have just caressed.
Grant to me, this final chance,
So I may just this once, perchance,
Show you the love have to give,
So we, in harmony, might live.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Understanding by Owain Glyn )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- S.O.S., Sandra Feldman
- Something is in the House, Sarah Liz Bowman
- Tragedy and Comedy, Eugene Levich
- Bound to thaw, george albot
- Not Obligated To Offer Options, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A taste of love, JJ Evendon
- Greeting Cards, Sara Fielder
- The Lorry From The North, Tony Adah
- Father's Admonition, Tony Adah
- Those who lose, Luv Artem