I wish that I could understand,
I'd follow footsteps in the sand.
My essence I would give to you,
And I would beg you, to be true.
I know the things that I've done wrong,
Will never make the perfect song.
But, if anything is true,
It starts within my love for you.
The tide cannot achieve the shore,
The sun can't shine, and what is more,
That everything I have, will rest,
In you, when we have just caressed.
Grant to me, this final chance,
So I may just this once, perchance,
Show you the love have to give,
So we, in harmony, might live.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Understanding by Owain Glyn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Groupies, Melissa K Vigna
- Skeleton, Melissa K Vigna
- Music, Melissa K Vigna
- Festival, Melissa K Vigna
- The Fairy, Melissa K Vigna
- In The Cave, Melissa K Vigna
- The Dark, Thoko Mangena
- Puppet of Dream, Aftab Alam
- Allegorose: Children - Life's Most Preci.., Dr John Celes
- Mandelstam's Ghost Returns Too Early, mary douglas