Inside my head
The wheels are turning.
Not madly, not furiously,
Like the wheel of chance,
Creating misery, or joy.
No, my wheels turn more slowly
Like a Ferris wheel,
The London eye,
Moving, then pausing
To let me feed off the vista.
I see the silver ribbon
Of the river.
Pleasure boats and warships,
Side by side
Resting, on the self-same tide.
The pleasure is a fleeting thing.
White sails struck,
Now cannons roar
Preparing for impending war.
The wheel moves again,
I view the Palace of Westminster.
It's hallowed halls
Where laws are drawn,
And many lies are told.
I see your smile
And drink it in.
Believing it will slake my thirst
To leave me sated
For a while.
The smile lasts only
Until you draw,
The wheel moves again
I see the far horizon.
Should I, now turn away,
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Turning by Owain Glyn )
- main kalam tha to wo....., sanjay kumar maurya
- A Parable of Immortality, Henry Van Dyke
- Midnight, David Lewis Paget
- tera bhi dour hai....., sanjay kumar maurya
- roj us dariya kinare....., sanjay kumar maurya
- life, Soul Watcher
- Poem for You, David Shapiro
- tumhara har bharam tut...., sanjay kumar maurya
- Beyond Season, Mist or Mystery, Ananta Madhavan
- The Weight of the World, Katinka Havermans
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Birth Day, Elise Paschen
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Palace Of My Beloved, Said Akl
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1886 - 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)