Little King of Sorrows
Troy's Birthday Poem (2008)
All the things I didn't say,
Have torn me up inside,
The nights I've spent in torment,
Since that tragic day you died.
But I know that you would want me,
To let that be the past,
Each day I've asked forgiveness,
To you since you have passed.
My son I am so sorry,
that my pride got in the way,
That I left both you and mommy,
I tried but couldn't stay.
Every day I longed to hold you,
That wish is now just dreams,
To know I have to wait so long,
My stength's not what it seems.
Each day I hurt so much son,
The tears come without reason,
A certain song or a child's laugh,
Make for a never changing season.
But for you I make this promise,
Cause I cannot change what's done,
But I will change these problems,
To make you proud my son.
You never met your sister,
But I know you watch her so,
watch us both and guide us,
please show us where to go.
To hell and back for both of you,
Is all my life is worth,
my son please be my beacon,
Till my time is done on Earth.
I miss you Troy.(12-16-2003 * 9-4-2005)
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Troy's Birthday Poem (2008) by Little King of Sorrows )
- Ah, me!, Frank Avon
- The man and the mirror, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Restive journey away from home, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
- You fill me, hasmukh amathalal
- I stashed my life, Aftab Alam
- the right self, RIC S. BASTASA
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns