Little King of Sorrows
Troy's Birthday Poem (2008)
All the things I didn't say,
Have torn me up inside,
The nights I've spent in torment,
Since that tragic day you died.
But I know that you would want me,
To let that be the past,
Each day I've asked forgiveness,
To you since you have passed.
My son I am so sorry,
that my pride got in the way,
That I left both you and mommy,
I tried but couldn't stay.
Every day I longed to hold you,
That wish is now just dreams,
To know I have to wait so long,
My stength's not what it seems.
Each day I hurt so much son,
The tears come without reason,
A certain song or a child's laugh,
Make for a never changing season.
But for you I make this promise,
Cause I cannot change what's done,
But I will change these problems,
To make you proud my son.
You never met your sister,
But I know you watch her so,
watch us both and guide us,
please show us where to go.
To hell and back for both of you,
Is all my life is worth,
my son please be my beacon,
Till my time is done on Earth.
I miss you Troy.(12-16-2003 * 9-4-2005)
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Troy's Birthday Poem (2008) by Little King of Sorrows )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 March 1819 – 1889)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Candadi Kelidara Vistara, Shishunala Sharif
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- Beautiful Inside, Paul Holmes
Poem of the Day
- Imprisoned!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Afghanistanstuck, Ima Ryma
- To Speak With You II, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Speak With You, Edward Kofi Louis
- Virtuous Acts, Leong Ming Loong
- Your Paradise Is Met, Naveed Akram
- Who Needs Rains In Heaven?, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Prevention is better than cure, Leong Ming Loong
- Twittering Among Feelings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak