Little King of Sorrows
Troy's Birthday Poem (2008)
All the things I didn't say,
Have torn me up inside,
The nights I've spent in torment,
Since that tragic day you died.
But I know that you would want me,
To let that be the past,
Each day I've asked forgiveness,
To you since you have passed.
My son I am so sorry,
that my pride got in the way,
That I left both you and mommy,
I tried but couldn't stay.
Every day I longed to hold you,
That wish is now just dreams,
To know I have to wait so long,
My stength's not what it seems.
Each day I hurt so much son,
The tears come without reason,
A certain song or a child's laugh,
Make for a never changing season.
But for you I make this promise,
Cause I cannot change what's done,
But I will change these problems,
To make you proud my son.
You never met your sister,
But I know you watch her so,
watch us both and guide us,
please show us where to go.
To hell and back for both of you,
Is all my life is worth,
my son please be my beacon,
Till my time is done on Earth.
I miss you Troy.(12-16-2003 * 9-4-2005)
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Troy's Birthday Poem (2008) by Little King of Sorrows )
- Princess Diana, Sonia Ode Lucci
- Revolution, Revolution, Revolu -, Romella Kitchens
- हमें आपके लिए.. hame aapke liye, hasmukh amathalal
- Dusky Day in Dallas, michael walker
- Mom, Barbara Dixion
- I almost was left behind., Sonia Ode Lucci
- Fairyland, Alesia Leach
- Lack of money does not mean lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On The T.V., Hannah Bryson Price
- Why do need wisdom anytime?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)