Little King of Sorrows
Troy's Birthday Poem (2008)
All the things I didn't say,
Have torn me up inside,
The nights I've spent in torment,
Since that tragic day you died.
But I know that you would want me,
To let that be the past,
Each day I've asked forgiveness,
To you since you have passed.
My son I am so sorry,
that my pride got in the way,
That I left both you and mommy,
I tried but couldn't stay.
Every day I longed to hold you,
That wish is now just dreams,
To know I have to wait so long,
My stength's not what it seems.
Each day I hurt so much son,
The tears come without reason,
A certain song or a child's laugh,
Make for a never changing season.
But for you I make this promise,
Cause I cannot change what's done,
But I will change these problems,
To make you proud my son.
You never met your sister,
But I know you watch her so,
watch us both and guide us,
please show us where to go.
To hell and back for both of you,
Is all my life is worth,
my son please be my beacon,
Till my time is done on Earth.
I miss you Troy.(12-16-2003 * 9-4-2005)
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Troy's Birthday Poem (2008) by Little King of Sorrows )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind, William Shakespeare
- The Shoelace, Charles Bukowski
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- an i like you that way - sweetest thing .., sEaN nOrTh
- Longing, Michael P. McParland
- The Home Here And Hereafter., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- American As Apple Pie?, carol carter
- The Final Litmus Test, michael walkerjohn
- The ascent of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- no one's favorite..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- आज आंसू बहाओ - Suffering, yashovardhan kulkarni
- I loved you more than enough.., Rene Perera
- The victory of peace and truth., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..