Little King of Sorrows
Troy's Birthday Poem (2008)
All the things I didn't say,
Have torn me up inside,
The nights I've spent in torment,
Since that tragic day you died.
But I know that you would want me,
To let that be the past,
Each day I've asked forgiveness,
To you since you have passed.
My son I am so sorry,
that my pride got in the way,
That I left both you and mommy,
I tried but couldn't stay.
Every day I longed to hold you,
That wish is now just dreams,
To know I have to wait so long,
My stength's not what it seems.
Each day I hurt so much son,
The tears come without reason,
A certain song or a child's laugh,
Make for a never changing season.
But for you I make this promise,
Cause I cannot change what's done,
But I will change these problems,
To make you proud my son.
You never met your sister,
But I know you watch her so,
watch us both and guide us,
please show us where to go.
To hell and back for both of you,
Is all my life is worth,
my son please be my beacon,
Till my time is done on Earth.
I miss you Troy.(12-16-2003 * 9-4-2005)
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Troy's Birthday Poem (2008) by Little King of Sorrows )
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath
- Meeting Room 13, Edward Kofi Louis
- Think and act, hasmukh amathalal
- Drought, Edward Kofi Louis
- And here we part, Nalini Chaturvedi
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Follow The Light, Edward Kofi Louis
- War Undressed, Dilantha Gunawardana
- hope, SALINI NAIR
- Writing Is Like Human Sex, Asit Kumar Sanyal