Little King of Sorrows
' TODAY '
Tomorrow isn't promised.
Make the most of every day.
This truth was made so clear to me,
In a very painful way.
I never saw it coming.
It happened way too fast.
So precious few our memories,
In the story of my past.
I took that time for granted,
And the agony is great.
It consumes my every waking thought,
That God gave us this fate.
Oh what am I to do now,
When it gets to hard to bare?
I pray to God you hear me,
And know how much I care.
No goodbyes I promise!
I will be home in a while.
I will love you every day till then.
You will see it in my smile.
And though I'm sad I'll do it,
with all my love I send!
Again I'll never leave you,
I promise till the end.
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (TODAY by Little King of Sorrows )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- My Keyboard Gentely Weeps, Michael P. McParland
- My Gift, Michael P. McParland
- Raises Eyebrows, Mae AC.
- My Friend Mee Too, Michael P. McParland
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael P. McParland
- My Angel, Michael P. McParland
- Sits up, Mae AC.
- Mee Too You Are Missed, Michael P. McParland
- Mee Too (Words Of Love), Michael P. McParland
- All I Want, Michael P. McParland