Little King of Sorrows
' TODAY '
Tomorrow isn't promised.
Make the most of every day.
This truth was made so clear to me,
In a very painful way.
I never saw it coming.
It happened way too fast.
So precious few our memories,
In the story of my past.
I took that time for granted,
And the agony is great.
It consumes my every waking thought,
That God gave us this fate.
Oh what am I to do now,
When it gets to hard to bare?
I pray to God you hear me,
And know how much I care.
No goodbyes I promise!
I will be home in a while.
I will love you every day till then.
You will see it in my smile.
And though I'm sad I'll do it,
with all my love I send!
Again I'll never leave you,
I promise till the end.
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (TODAY by Little King of Sorrows )
- Oatmeal, Frank Avon
- Blackpool in a gale, sheena blackhall
- Tonight, Frank Avon
- To Eat, or Not to Eat, Frank Avon
- Hot Flashes, Mitzie Holstein
- Late and Soon, Frank Avon
- My Mermaid Muse, Erato
- A Zulu Kingdom, Margaret Alice Second
- Forever Purpurating Lavender, Stephen Warren Williams
- No Reason To Rush, Kewayne Wadley
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- On Raglan Road, Patrick Kavanagh
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)