Top Of My Christmas List
A week before Christmas here in Florida
And the temperature is high- 76 degrees under a clear blue sky
The outside of the houses are decorated from the roof to the ground
As the late shoppers are running all over town, searching
For presents that were never found.
Most of the nation is covered in snow
And some temperatures are reaching ten below.
But the spirits are not dampened close to this holiday night
As decorations are put up without a fight.
A feeling of love and laughter that is in the air
And the radiant smiles that the children do bear.
The days are being counted for Santa to appear
With his sleigh and eight reindeer.
The children are seeing it as a gift giving day
As their parents wipe their tears away.
The children are reminded of the birth of CHRIST
And that’s the reason we celebrate that night
So as we decorate and run around buying gifts
Let’s remember who’s on top of that list.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Top Of My Christmas List by louis rams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Even though late, hasmukh amathalal
- What a curtain Bisbee has, Amy Michelle Mosier
- The Shockers, Sandra Feldman
- Rather than talking to walls, Amy Michelle Mosier
- July 11,1991, Amy Michelle Mosier
- Like a sparkling Roman candle, Amy Michelle Mosier
- Bless each palo verde bloom -, Amy Michelle Mosier
- Inner Abilities, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Old age doesn't exist for all, Amy Michelle Mosier
- On Havana's white shore -, Amy Michelle Mosier