*******************A Womans Insight*************1978
i felt a slight twinge in my heart
that deep down burning feeling tearing me apart.
i thought that it would go away
but now i know it's here to stay.
that feeling of when i look at my childs
picture at night.
and i go to her room to make
sure she's allright.
to see that smile upon her face
and i know she's dreaming of satin and lace.
i go back to bed, and all i could see
my little girls eyes burning thru me.
telling me of things that she will need
when she reaches puberty.
then she will reach that stage in life
when she herself will become a wife.
this is the part of life that a parent must bear
this is the part that they have to share.
to give their little girl to another
and wait for her to become a mother.
to see her go through the same stages in life
to have to go thru those struggles and strife.
now when she looks into her little childs eyes
she'll get that same feeling by and by.
and she'll know it was passed down the line.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*******************A Womans Insight*************1978 by louis rams )
- Bloomsbury Gang, Nassy Fesharaki
- Her pretty childhood, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Those visible clouds, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Cheater, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Intriguing Mysteries, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Merry Christmas, Neela Nath
- My Life Is Charmed, Margaret Alice Second
- babbelen, xxx xxx
- Poem: Stirred, But Not Shaken, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Bipolar, louis rams
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Wait, Galway Kinnell
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1927)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)