Today... 'Angel of God's Presence'
Angels are servants the bidding of God they do
But the fullness of the Godhead was dwelling in You
The very Presence of God came to us on earth
when You entered into this would through virgin birth.
This poor man cried out to You from the miry clay
You heard his voice and came to rescue him that day.
Saved him from of the mire and wretchedness of sin
took away all his transgressions and washed him clean.
The Angel of God's Presence willingly came down
To save a wretch like me and wear that thorny crown.
You became smitten by all of my afflictions
and upon cross paid the price of my transgressions.
By Your great mercy You have redeemed back my soul.
Angel of God's Presence Your death has made me whole.
Now I can stand on holy ground redeemed by God.
For that Angel was none other than Christ my Lord.
(additional background information is provided in the Poem's story box below)
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.
The Bible calls You by many names
each one giving a glimpse of Your glory.
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
with every facet depicting
an aspect of Your Divine Nature.
Today I have thought of You as
'The Angel of God's Presence'
Comments about this poem (Today... 'Angel of God's Presence' by Roy Allen )
- Fear of God?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Keep On Groovin', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Benefits For Them Do Not Exist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Come close, hasmukh amathalal
- Cows caught, gajanan mishra
- Discovering God's Will, Tom Zart
- Shining later, hasmukh amathalal
- Memory, Liffy Liu
- Merciful and kind, hasmukh amathalal
- Achilles Awaking, Louis Borgo
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)