O Mighty Angel and deliverer come from heaven
The One to whom God's great Name as been given.
Protecting us from all harm you guide the way
going ahead to lead as we follow and obey.
Wondrous Angel and messenger from heaven come
bringing God's message and leading us home.
Mighty One doing His bidding and showing His love
Angel of reconciliation bringing grace from above.
For God shows His mercy in forgiving our rebellion
His message to the world is love and reconciliation.
He sent His beloved Son into the world to save
to set us free from the tyranny of an awful grave.
He came into our world laying His glory aside
This Angel of God outstretched His arms so wide
embraced the world in His love when He died
poured out His life giving blood to bring us inside.
(additional background information is provided in the Poem's story box below)
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
the Angel who has delivered me from all harm —may he bless these boys. May they be called by my name and the names of my fathers Abraham and Isaac, and may they increase greatly upon the earth.'
Exodus 23: 20-21
'See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared. Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him.
Judges 13: 16—18
The angel of the LORD replied, 'Even though you detain me, I will not eat any of your food. But if you prepare a burnt offering, offer it to the LORD.' (Manoah did not realize that it was the angel of the LORD. Then Manoah inquired of the angel of the LORD, 'What is your name, so that we may honour you when your word comes true? ' He replied, 'Why do you ask my name? It is beyond understanding.'
All quotations © NIV
The Bible calls You by many names
each one giving a glimpse of Your glory.
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
with every facet depicting
an aspect of Your Divine Nature.
Today I have thought of You as
Comments about this poem (Today... 'Angel' by Roy Allen )
- Life is a chasing game,, Aftab Alam
- The midnight scream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
- Interminable Wanderer, Cinzia Wills
- The Sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That part of your heart, Rolfy Dsilva
- The letter puzzle., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I am Sorry, Md. Ziaul Haque
- If it wasn't for country music, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)