Ace Of Black Hearts
To Never Forget
For a moment you made me forget who I was.
Spinning a rose, collecting shells from the ocean.
If you stick it to your ears you know you can hear the waves.
It is true I know it sounds crazy, a sound of continuous crashing and splashing.
I can't explain the why but it is something I've known ever since I was a little boy.
Yes they were some good times, from panama city fl beach, and mini golf, to Atlanta Georgia six flags the roller coaster rides so high, to the bump cars that made me feel as if I could drive.
The sun capturing the sky.
Permanent burning it into my mind.
I was there if only one time that's fine.
Better then a postcard of someone spoils and happy phrases.
They just make you feel so jaded.
Drive across the country, we stop in so many strange places, from the west Virgina mountains of giant blue rocks, to the Tennessee beautiful lakes.
I remember those days, how could I every forget.
From grandfather catching catfish from the beach.
He stabbed his foot in the artery with one somehow.
I remember it so clearly because my cousin passed out from seeing all the blood.
Each moment as precious then then the last.
This is why I write so I can never forget.
Never forget anything so precious.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (To Never Forget by Ace Of Black Hearts )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Little Stick Figures, Margaret Alice Second
- Racquets in Two-More, douglas scotney
- Life is drizzling, Amit Mathur
- Out Of My Head, Anuradha Singh
- Revealing life in Death, Angell Afinowi
- The Jujube Tree And Me, Madathil Nair
- AM HOOKED IN YOUR TRUE LOVE., Changez Ndzai
- Coffee And Cream Chocolates, Michael P. McParland
- Bless You Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- You at the Center, rosalinda flores rosevoc