This Heart Knows Pain
this heart knows pain,
as frequent as rain,
and harsh as snow,
wherever, whatever the weather,
with you, i shall go.
its not a conscience choice,
its you the fate of my hand takes.
its my life, your life makes.
i wont be dragged,
and i wont sigh behind,
for to your right and left shoulder,
forever i will be to your side.
from skin to soul, to soul to skin,
your more than i have ever been.
as long as the wind blows,
and as long as there's a sun in the sky,
your shattered soul,
will forever be protected by mine.
Rachel Henley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Heart Knows Pain by Rachel Henley )
- My Wife, KRISHNA SAMPATH KUMAR
- childhood, oskar hansen
- Fate's Violin, Arno Le Roux
- The Keepers Of Paris, Arno Le Roux
- A Secret Room, Arno Le Roux
- The Drug That Is Time, Arno Le Roux
- Random life!, SALINI NAIR
- Secret Music, Arno Le Roux
- My Weird Looks, Rohit Sapra
- The Way I Feel About Love, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1679 - 1718)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)