This Heart Knows Pain
this heart knows pain,
as frequent as rain,
and harsh as snow,
wherever, whatever the weather,
with you, i shall go.
its not a conscience choice,
its you the fate of my hand takes.
its my life, your life makes.
i wont be dragged,
and i wont sigh behind,
for to your right and left shoulder,
forever i will be to your side.
from skin to soul, to soul to skin,
your more than i have ever been.
as long as the wind blows,
and as long as there's a sun in the sky,
your shattered soul,
will forever be protected by mine.
Rachel Henley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Heart Knows Pain by Rachel Henley )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)