The Things That Make Me Miss You
I miss your footsteps in the hallway.
Arriving home from work at 6, always.
You would always forget to wipe your feet.
Leaving a trail of dirty footprints for me.
I miss your singing in the shower.
Missing the high notes, always.
You would always forget the words to a song.
But without a pause you would carry on.
I miss your laughter at late night tv.
Reciting to me the punchlines, always.
You would always forget the important lines.
Even the jokes you told me all the time.
I miss the essence of you.
The things that only you do.
The words that only you could ever say.
To take the yearning for you,
Rachel Henley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Things That Make Me Miss You by Rachel Henley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- A Little While, Luo Zhihai
- Tomb-sweeping Day, Miss Our Grandpa and .., Luo Zhihai
- Not Tied To Limits Of Reality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tolerancee is...., hasmukh amathalal
- Recalling Sequences, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sleep, Adam Latham
- Dead To You, Dexsta Ray
- Act Of Charity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Vengeance, Leong Ming Loong
- Syllable Of Meaning, RoseAnn V. Shawiak