A Violent Flourish Of Love
A violent flourish of love,
rushing and bursting, in veins and arteries.
Breathing life into old aching bones.
Pumping muscles with a fast paced rhythm.
The support scheme of old aged couples,
The soother of scratches of young toddlers.
Love, like an overflowing river.
Racing down river beds, Bursting stone damns.
More than a poem,
More than any man.
Rachel Henley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Violent Flourish Of Love by Rachel Henley )
- Prosperity Milking Cow Of Good, sallam yassin
- A Blank Page, Elia Michael
- Three Score and Ten, Frank Avon
- Mary Key, Lilly Emery
- ACES AND EIGHTS (The dead man's hand), Alexander Onoja
- Love Is A Feeling, Lilly Emery
- I saw my father, in silhouette, Thomas Leathandrum
- What are these days? !, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- What are these days?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Flower In My Heart, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1 January 1903 - 13 March 1976)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)