Cecil Frances Alexander
There Is A Green Hill
THERE is a green hill far away,
Without a city wall,
Where the dear Lord was crucified,
Who died to save us all.
We may not know, we cannot tell
What pains he had to bear,
But we believe it was for us
He hung and suffer’d there.
He died that we might be forgiven,
He died to make us good,
That we might go at last to heaven,
Sav’d by his precious blood.
There was no other good enough
To pay the price of sin;
He only could unlock the gate
Of heaven, and let us in.
O dearly, dearly has he lov’d,
And we must love him too,
And trust in his redeeming blood,
And try his works to do.
Cecil Frances Alexander's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (There Is A Green Hill by Cecil Frances Alexander )
- Passage for, hasmukh amathalal
- I Did Not Know, Jerome Chukwuemeka Edwin
- Simply Spoken Life, Heather Burns
- Did You Ever Love Me, Peter S. Quinn
- On To the Night, Peter S. Quinn
- Haiku...Highway Heart Race, Ken e Hall
- Guaman Poma, Nassy Fesharaki
- Suicide, Mitzie Holstein
- Dedicated To You, Robin Williams-Suicide, Mitzie Holstein
- ....... .. Gun Control Is As Easy As This, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)