Cecil Frances Alexander
Jesus Calls Us
Jesus calls us; o'er the tumult
of our life's wild, restless sea,
day by day his clear voice soundeth,
saying, 'Christian, follow me;'
as, of old, Saint Andrew heart it
by the Galilean lake,
turned from home and toil and kindred,
leaving all for his dear sake.
Jesus calls us from the worship
of the vain world's golden store;
from each idol that would keep us,
saying, 'Christian, love me more.'
In our joys and in our sorrows,
days of toil and hours of ease,
still he calls, in cares and pleasures,
'Christian, love me more than these.'
Jesus calls us! By thy mercies,
Savior, may we hear thy call,
give our hearts to thine obedience,
serve and love thee best of all.
Cecil Frances Alexander's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Jesus Calls Us by Cecil Frances Alexander )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 November 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Poem of the Day
- चादंण रात, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- The Scheme, Tony Adah
- The Worry, Leong Ming Loong
- जो अब तन्हा ही निकला तो, ज़माना साथ चलता है, Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- ** अबोल मी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- जो देखू आज घर आँगन तो माँ की याद आती है., Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- तुम्हारे इश्क में जीवन कहाँ, कैसे, गुज़ार.., Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- यहाँ हर सुख का साथी है यहाँ हर दुःख कंवा.., Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- यहाँ मेहमान तुम भी हो, यहाँ मेहमान हम भी.., Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- ** कविता ही प्रेमाची **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge