Maria Magdalena Biela
The Wedding Photo
They stood there smiling in black and white
holding their fingers tender and tight.
They knew the secrets of a past tense heart
they knew of a future 'till death do us part'.
They tell a story that starts with 'I do! '.
They dream of a lifetime witnessed by two.
They hold their crowns as King and his Queen
They know not that marriage is simply a scene.
She hopes to be mother and blessed to be.
He hopes to write poems and countries to see.
She loves to become a woman at last.
He loves her in the future, present and past.
They both look so happy and deeply in love.
They both dream of marriage as life in a grove.
They both do not know the 'I do' aftermath
for they both envisioned a different path.
(Finland, February 2014)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Wedding Photo by Maria Magdalena Biela )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Brain's Ocean, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Defamation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Horoscopes, gajanan mishra
- Lovely and pleasant, hasmukh amathalal
- A New Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Messages and Messengers, Liilia Talts Morrison
- you know who you are, Clara Keiper
- Corners Of A Storm, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Visibly appar, hasmukh amathalal
- Love's Journey, Savita Tyagi