The Voice of a Lonely Heart
Roaming around the thoughts of her,
thinking if he could ever win her.
But he sees no string attached,
and his lonely heart in low voice said,
'It comes not, my dear, with warning,
Love ain't always so charming.
It can nail your heart,
leaves deep scars.
Try to run, it chases and hurts you deep,
worth fighting, at times you'll smilingly weep.
you'll curse your fate, it's color so blur
yet fight for the happiness of her.
that's what love is, my friend,
when pain and pleasure both have no end.'
Anubhav gupta's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Voice of a Lonely Heart by Anubhav gupta )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Whew-phew! Breathtaking Fairies Stood in.., Harindhar Reddy
- Sinful youth, Darian Kalamerd
- What A Breath, Chris Ajiduah
- Corruption, Randy McClave
- Our Destiny, Darian Kalamerd
- Yogi in the moon, Madrason writer
- Make a wish, daniel george
- Child, Samantha Cox
- Garden Ship, Leslie Philibert
- Empty, Samantha Cox