The Unwanted Dream
The blue marble roof!
With a golden chandlier
The big wide sky spread!
Tiny fluffy white cusions
Here and there
I flew from one cloud to the other
Sitting on a white dove
To levitate through the sky!
And I was feeling heavenly!
The dove vanished
All of a sudden, Why?
Alas! I should have learnt flying!
Like any other Newton's apple
I fell down to earth
Through the gustly wind!
God! My bum was burning!
Bloody friction? Or sharpnels?
Within a moment
I was trapped
Inside the swarm
Of a thousand iron bees!
When the grey cloud took over
After the flames engulfed
I saw a lightning!
I'm still falling!
Down to earth
Which seemed so petite
Like an open magic box
Without any secrets!
The parade of thousand steel ants
Who spat exploding saliva
Hearts were squealing
Under their chained legs!
'The Home Sweet Home'
Now the dust of dreams!
Earthly wonders shattered
In to the ruins of somebody's sin!
And I fell in between
A man with a gun and no limb!
A woman holding a dead child!
- - - - - - - - - -
Startled and awake from
This scary dream
I wiped sweats off from my forehead
And I heard a buzz
Of an unknown Iron bird
Looking out through the window
I saw no fluffy clouds
Nor the big blue sky
An unwelcomed bird
Which forgot its diapers
Dropped a thousand metal eggs
In my godforsaken head!
And I was in heaven!
Magic Box's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Unwanted Dream by Magic Box )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- WATER MUSIC, I. _ ['Musiche sull'Acqua'.., Fabrizio Frosini
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Communicating the Bird, Robert Ronnow
- Chinese Sonnets, Robert Ronnow
- Caterpillar fur, Robert Ronnow
- The One I Adore, Michael P. McParland
- My other half, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bird's View - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- motherly love, Candymarie Nevin
- Random Thought, fletcher maddern
- Still Awake 2, Michael P. McParland
- Esprit de corps, Naveed Khalid