The Unwanted Dream
The blue marble roof!
With a golden chandlier
The big wide sky spread!
Tiny fluffy white cusions
Here and there
I flew from one cloud to the other
Sitting on a white dove
To levitate through the sky!
And I was feeling heavenly!
The dove vanished
All of a sudden, Why?
Alas! I should have learnt flying!
Like any other Newton's apple
I fell down to earth
Through the gustly wind!
God! My bum was burning!
Bloody friction? Or sharpnels?
Within a moment
I was trapped
Inside the swarm
Of a thousand iron bees!
When the grey cloud took over
After the flames engulfed
I saw a lightning!
I'm still falling!
Down to earth
Which seemed so petite
Like an open magic box
Without any secrets!
The parade of thousand steel ants
Who spat exploding saliva
Hearts were squealing
Under their chained legs!
'The Home Sweet Home'
Now the dust of dreams!
Earthly wonders shattered
In to the ruins of somebody's sin!
And I fell in between
A man with a gun and no limb!
A woman holding a dead child!
- - - - - - - - - -
Startled and awake from
This scary dream
I wiped sweats off from my forehead
And I heard a buzz
Of an unknown Iron bird
Looking out through the window
I saw no fluffy clouds
Nor the big blue sky
An unwelcomed bird
Which forgot its diapers
Dropped a thousand metal eggs
In my godforsaken head!
And I was in heaven!
Magic Box's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Unwanted Dream by Magic Box )
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Anecdote of the Jar, Wallace Stevens
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Richard Cory, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- What Bhagavad Gita is not, Bashyam Narayanan
- Sold, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Pain, Pain Knows No Race, Hebert Logerie
- God's Hands Of Love, Tom Zart
- Alone, Samantha Gronn
- David, Casey Renee Kiser
- She Stuck Her Butt Out At Me..., wanderer sailor
- Nine Views of the Huangshan, Paul Hartal
- Trying to Say Goodbye, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Autumn, Leong Ming Loong