Malala: The Flame Queen
She is a small yellow flame,
She does not fear! You dry wind of rules mortal!
From your unknown valleys of culture
As you come with chain to bound
The purity within is enough
Her beauty is when she wears her orange silk
Heart ignites in blue and white
She just sits there and spreads the light
Not bothered about what comes next
Oh You! The self-imposed holy wind
You touch her not!
Come if you are bold enough!
We, thousand brothers with crossed hands,
Protecting her till we fall!
If you succeed breaking us into pieces
And if you could make her fall,
She'll pass the fire to others,
And a thousand candles will be lit,
To tear off your darkness,
Then you'll be weightless!
And you'll be vanished into space!
She is not alone!
You dont want to be burned, do you?
Magic Box's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
We will continue to support Malala even if our lives are at risk.
We are not afraid anymore. Are you?
Comments about this poem (Malala: The Flame Queen by Magic Box )
- Let me name one, gajanan mishra
- Moy Serena Venera, YA tebya lyublyu, yes.., Hebert Logerie
- My heart, James Berth
- Where will she be, hasmukh amathalal
- Drinking God's Beauty, Vera Sidhwa
- I know you are calling me, gajanan mishra
- What Perfect Love Could Be, michael walkerjohn
- Only reality, hasmukh amathalal
- The Photographer, Randy McClave
- THE WORLD AND I, Romeo Della Valle
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Let Me Die A Youngman's Death, Roger McGough
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Woman Work, Maya Angelou
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)