The Twinkling Evening-Morning Star.
The best time to see the evening star
Just before dark, when I search the sky near and far.
All year the star is passing high above my home,
Only in the middle of October I see, it was always around my dome.
I sit in my chair, look into the darkening sky,
Following with my eyes as it's passing by.
The evening star is the first one to shine above,
It takes a long time until the rest follows that rare dove.
It is the last to disappear when the sun is up high,
First at sundown to come up, & last after the dawn to say good by.
Some say at first glance make your wish,
Hope that life will bring it to you to accomplish.
LaSoaphia QuXazs's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Twinkling Evening-Morning Star. by LaSoaphia QuXazs )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Canticle of Hope, Robert Charles Howard
- If I were me.. (Open IIT Creative Writing), Abhinit Chute (abz)
- the peace of a bee, Noah Body
- SILKEN GLOVES, Philo Yan
- A word in your ear, Ponniah Ganeshan
- Crematorium, umaprosad das
- Stupid Illusion, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Por Ti Soñaré, Prophmatt . . .
- The color of love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Nightmare, Zillur Rahman Shuvro