I see the need for this poem.
You are what you are, God made you that way.
It is not right to copy or be another person & do what you may.
In reality you created your face and body,
With your life style and your life melody.
If you do not like what you see,
Learn to love & respect yourself,
Then you find happiness for eternity.
Be honest, true, kind and forgiving,
Love yourself as you are without cheating.
Then others will love you for what you are now,
Only that way you can earn respect anyhow.
Never fake, false or be insincere
You are the child of the Universe, do not interfere.
You are one of a kind, a special Star,
Do not copy anyone, or be similar.
LaSoaphia QuXazs's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Yourself. by LaSoaphia QuXazs )
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(3rd April 19sixty)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne