Prem Surya Kumar
Once upon a time... in another clime
Man upon this world... happened to be glad
Enjoying his share... and without any care
Roaming with the bird... and the deer and the pard.
And green was the world... full of cheery woodland
And of wooded ravine.... and crystal-hued stream,
Whose melodious murmur... would gently reapper
To carry one in.... to a land of dream.
But look now around... upon the stretchin ground
There is no greenery... nor any look of merry,
For grey is the sky.... and brooks have gone dry
And amid smokiness around... only concretes abound.
We cut down trees.... to build factories,
The poison we mix.... in the rivers and the seas -
What a gift to offer... to our scions of future
Who will inherit no cheer... only poisonous water!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Transformation by Prem Surya Kumar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- love for jezebel, ademola oluwabusayo
- Process Of Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Growing Older, Kyle Schlicher
- Smoking Euthanasia, Dexsta Ray
- pitter patter pong, lee fones
- Slice Of Heaven, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Keep Your Brain Sharp, Ronell Warren Alman
- Nature's Pockets, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- REMEMBER THREE THINGS IN LIFE, DIVYANSH SHRIVASTAVA
- Love at First Sight, Jacqueline Nash