Prem Surya Kumar
Once upon a time... in another clime
Man upon this world... happened to be glad
Enjoying his share... and without any care
Roaming with the bird... and the deer and the pard.
And green was the world... full of cheery woodland
And of wooded ravine.... and crystal-hued stream,
Whose melodious murmur... would gently reapper
To carry one in.... to a land of dream.
But look now around... upon the stretchin ground
There is no greenery... nor any look of merry,
For grey is the sky.... and brooks have gone dry
And amid smokiness around... only concretes abound.
We cut down trees.... to build factories,
The poison we mix.... in the rivers and the seas -
What a gift to offer... to our scions of future
Who will inherit no cheer... only poisonous water!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Transformation by Prem Surya Kumar )
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath
- Meeting Room 13, Edward Kofi Louis
- Think and act, hasmukh amathalal
- Drought, Edward Kofi Louis
- And here we part, Nalini Chaturvedi
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Follow The Light, Edward Kofi Louis
- War Undressed, Dilantha Gunawardana
- hope, SALINI NAIR
- Writing Is Like Human Sex, Asit Kumar Sanyal