Prem Surya Kumar
Over to the Woodlands We Go! !
Come brother, come friend, come let us go
Over to the mountains and the woodlands below
And watch with delight the soft sunrise
From the green glades where the orchids grow.
Here there is no smoke, nor rush, nor noise
Nor anyone from sick weariness sighs,
But under a crystal blue sky in quiet
A lovely, lively fresh greenness lies.
Somewhere a cuckoo cooes in rapturous delight
And a skylark, singing, soars into the height,
And from somewhere the melodious murmur of a rill
Reappears to set the soul and heart aright!
Tell brother, tell me, don't you so feel
That we could also, if we all so will,
Bring this paradise to our life and forgo
The hubbub, the madness, the run-of-the-mill?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Over to the Woodlands We Go! ! by Prem Surya Kumar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman